I know that your mental state plays a huge role in shaping your health. That does not mean that every health problem is purely functional. But It sure does have a effect.
For me, my ankylosing spondylitis has been diagnosed and I have been on treatment for the past 20 years.
It is a real pathology..I know…but….
My mental state is not too happy always.
Can I share with you the possible reasons?
So, Here it is……
- I miss my parents. We were a small family of 6. Mom, dad, my two elder sisters and me. The sixth was my pet pooch..Biki.
- I lost both my parents at an early age, and being the youngest, it affected me deeply.
- My illness has been around for like ever. So there is always this fear of a flare up, thus hindering me from leading a normal , happy life.
- I lost my pet Snowy, 2 years back. He always reminded of my previous Biki, and now he is also not there. He was my baby.
- Then of course its age. No woman in this world would happily embrace her wrinkles, sagging skin and not so perfect figure. Ditto with me….
- Or maybe my depression is endogenous. Maybe its in the genes. I would not call it frank depression, but there definitely is a negativity around the whole day.
- Lack of a proper nights sleep has been a major deterrent to my being in a happy state. There was a time when I used to enjoy my afternoon siesta with leisure. Now I have the time but sleep eludes me.
So, starting today I need you people to help, me find reasons to be happy. I know there are loads of them, but somehow I am not able to focus on the haves.